How to Raise Concern or Complain

If you feel you have been unfairly treated or had your rights violated by a health service or police, you have the right to complain. At NUAA, we hear a lot of complaints about the way our members are treated, and often our members and service users think there is nothing they can do about the treatment they receive.

If you feel that you have been treated unfairly by a health service, police or even NUAA — for example staff were rude to you or treated you in a discriminatory manner — then you should make a complaint.

Don’t let anyone convince you that complaining is a waste of time. Most health services take complaints made by the public seriously. Complaining sends a message to health services and police about what the community thinks is acceptable. Remember, by complaining you might just stop the same thing from happening to someone else. You can contact NUAA (details on the home page) and talk to a staff member about what your options are and how to make a complaint.

Reporting Stigma and Discrimination Form (pdf)

About the Health Care Complaints Commission

About the NSW Ombudsman

Complaints about a health service

Complaints about hospitals and Local Health Districts

Complaints about Legal Aid

Complaints about methadone or other substitution program services

Complaints about the NSW Police

Complaints about sniffer dogs

Complaints against NUAA