Become a member of NUAA and join the fight to end stigma and discrimination against people who use drugs illicitly.
NUAA’s vision statement is “Advancing the rights, health and dignity of people who use drugs illicitly in NSW”. To this end, we provide information, education and support for drug users; promote the development of legislation and policies to improve drug users’ social and economic well-being; improve the quality and standards of services available to drug users.
As a community organisation, NUAA depends on maintaining a strong and active membership made up of people who support the aims and objectives of the association. NUAA membership is open to anyone interested in the issues affecting people who use drugs illicitly.
As an incorporated association, NUAA maintains a confidential register of members. You can read our constitution for more details.
Become a member
You can apply to join online, or alternatively, you can print off a NUAA membership form
s (pdf) and post it to PO Box 350, Strawberry Hills NSW 2012 or deliver to 414 Elizabeth Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010. Membership is $10, but if you are facing financial hardship please write this on your membership form and the Board can waive the fee
Annual General Meetings
NUAA’s AGM occurs in the second half of each year.
NUAA membership entitles you to vote at the AGM. It also means that you can stand, or nominate other members, for positions on the NUAA Board of Governance, which meets regularly to oversee the direction, management, and finances of the organisation.
By becoming a NUAA member, you add to the voice of people who use drugs, helping us be heard from the grass roots to policy making levels.
Once your membership application has been accepted by the NUAA Board of Governance, we will notify you by mail. You will also automatically receive our publication User’s News. If you do not want to become a member of NUAA but do want to be on the User’s News mailing list, please subscribe here.
Ways to get involved
- Be invited to take part in appropriate research interviews or consumer consultation groups that NUAA might be asked to organise from time to time.
- Take part in the Peer Participation Project and volunteer your time to work at NUAA in the NSP or office in the context of a training and development program. Tell Me More
- Be invited to get involved in Peer Training or Community Consultations. Tell Me More
- Contribute to User’s News. Talk to Leah, the editor, about upcoming issues then get to work writing an article, story or a letter to the editor; or send some art work. If writing or making art is not your thing, you can ask Leah to interview you. Tell Me More
- If you want more information about becoming more involved in NUAA, feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or ring (02) 8354 7300 or free call 1800 644 413.