NUAA Consumer Academy
Funded by WentWest, the Western Sydney Public Health Network and the Central and Eastern Sydney Public Health Network (CESPHN).
Do you want to make a difference? Gain new skills? Consumer Academy aims to empower consumers to participate in Alcohol and Drug Treatment service design through training.
Consumer Academy Workshop Topics:
- Challenging stigma
- Public speaking
- Using the personal story/power `
of the narrative
- Public speaking tips
- How does effective consumer
engagement improve treatment outcomes?
- Models of consumer engagement
- The value of community
Working with a Clinical Team
- How do clinical teams work:
- processes, regulatory framework, restrictions and benefits
- Proven methods of consumer engagement in clinical teams
AOD Issues and Treatment Options
- Navigating the health system
- Motivational Interviewing
- Professional boundaries
- Health Promotion