NUAA HEP C PHOTOVOICE PROJECT APPLICATION
NUAA invites you to participate in our Hepatitis C (HCV) PhotoVoice Project. NUAA’s HCV Photovoice project is open to anyone affected by hepatitis C whether personally or through a close friend or family member having hepatitis C or having been tested or on treatment or have cleared the virus.
The aim of the HCV Photovoice project is to let policy makers and the community see through the eyes of people affected by the virus — the good, the bad and the ugly.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE: Its easy!
Read the information below on how to participate. You will need to complete the attached participation form and return it to NUAA by Monday 6th August 2018.
- Register and attend the photovoice workshop
You will need to attend the Photography and Writing Workshop on the 10th August 2018 from 10.30am – 3pm at NUAA 414 Elizabeth St Surry Hills. If you can’t attend or don’t live locally, please contact Andy or Tony at NUAA on (02) 8354 7300 or freecall 1800 644 413.
At the workshop you will learn about photography, writing, and the project — it will be a valuable way to gain some skills and will help you work on your photovoice submission.
- Work on your submission
No experience needed! Owning a camera or having experience taking photographs is not necessary!
You can use your phone or even a disposable camera. Photo quality is not important.
Our photovoice project is about Hepatitis C. Family, friends and people with a lived experience of the virus are welcome to submit their entries to NUAA. We want to demonstrate and document what it’s really like for people with Hep C in NSW.
- Submit your entry
Submit 3 photos with 3 matching captions that relate to your personal experience with Hepatitis C by 5pm on Friday, 24th August, 2018.
You can email the photo to us at NUAA. We will accept .jpeg and other common formats. If you have trouble submitting your entry to us, we can help you out: come along to the offices or the NSP on the 24th August – staff will be on hand to assist.
Submitted entries will be on exhibition at the inaugural Peer and Consumer Forum in September 2018!
NUAA PHOTOVOICE APPLICATION FORM
By submitting this form you agree to participate in the NUAA Hep C PhotoVoice Project.
- I understand that the photos and captions submitted to NUAA will become the property of NUAA and maybe used in the future by NUAA for promotion or educational purposes.
- I agree that the images I submit will not include any questionable, violent, sexually explicit material nor will the language used to be offensive, stigmatising or discriminatory in nature.
- I agree that NUAA has the right to withdraw my entry at any time.
- I agree to participate in the photography and writing workshops and that failure to do so may see my entries not included in the final PhotoVoice Exhibition.